Hawkwind covers all: James Last

Horse Whisperer beautiful_foot at HOTMAIL.COM
Sat Jul 18 20:21:32 EDT 1998

>He seems to be a bit of a closet rocker, our James.  As part of my
record
>dealing sideline, an acquaintance who knows of my penchant for strange
cover
>versions brought in an album with the Minutemen doing Van Halens "Ain't
Talking
>Bout Love" and a James Last live album with "Radar Love" by Golden
Earring!

The Minutemen album in question is _Double Nickels on the Dime_ a killer
double LP from SST.  It also boasts a Steely Dan cover _Doctor Wu_, a
Creedence Clearwater Revival cover _Don't Look Now_ and in the credits
on the sleeve they thank Richard Meltzer for writing Stairway to the
Stars.  On their LP _Three Way Tie for Last_ they do a stonkin'
rendition of _The Red and the Black_.

But, I suspect, you all knew this.

Chris.