HW: Strange Daze Europe '99

Keith Henderson henderson.120 at OSU.EDU
Mon Jul 20 16:26:12 EDT 1998

Bernhard sayz...

>Received a very interesting phonecall yesterday from FILIP VANHUYSE a great
>Hawkwindfan from Belgium.
>
>Filip and another guy from Belgium who is arranging HM festivals  since
>many years are trying to do a very special event in August 1999 near
>Limbourg (Belgium) very close to the German border.
>
>They are trying to get the following bands for this event:
>
>- Hawkwind
>- Bedouin
>- Nik Turner + band
>- Harvey Bainbridge + band
>- Huw Lloyd langton + band

(Soon to follow...
Paul Hayles + band
Terry Ollis + band
Sam Fox + band
etc.)  :)

Not a bad start.  :)  Why not Tribe of Cro also??  They're 'part Belgian'
anyway.
And some of 'dem Sveedish folks perhaps also??  darXtar, Spacious Mind and
the like.

>The costs for us won't be to high.

Not counting the overseas airfare.  :)

>Filip is a VERY GOOD friend (!!!) of Dave Brock and he is very sure that
>this event will happen.

>At the end Filip told me that this is not just a bloody idea.
>This is a VERY SERIOUS intention !!!!

Well, at least it's a bloody *good* idea, I'd say.

Will it really be named 'Strange Daze Europe' as if we Yanks (well, Jim
Lascko deserves all the credit) actually created something that would be
copied elsewhere??
I woulda thought it would be called something like 'The 2099 Party'. :)

Keith H. (FAA)

ObCD: New Sun - Fractured