HW: Strange Daze Europe '99

Keith Henderson henderson.120 at OSU.EDU
Tue Jul 21 19:03:51 EDT 1998

>Keith Henderson wrote:
>> Pretty much on...at http://www.skypub.com/eclipses/s990881a.html, you can
>> link to the map (http://www.skypub.com/eclipses/images/99europe.gif) that
>> shows you exactly how the footprint will travel.  It will just nick (or
>> should I say nik?) the southern tip of Belgium, so it'll be damn near 99%
>> anywhere within the country.

Typo alert...that should be s990811a.html of course...there's no 81st of
August last time I checked.  :)

>> The problem is that I think it's a Wednesday, and a morning no less (11:30
>> AM local time?), not exactly the time to schedule a festival show.
>> Saturday, Aug. 14, 1999 would of course, be the 11th anniversary of Bob's
>> Calvert death.

A 'Calvert death' being different than the typical type of death.  :)  Typo #2.

Dave G. says...

>I think most bands would be happy to play a set at 11:30 with that sort of
light
>show!

Yeah, especially darXtar!!

Keith H. (FAA)

P.S.  The eclipse lasts only about two hours, so how do you get all the
groups to play within that length of time??  Answer:  You have them all play
at once, as a conglomerated Hawkwind of the past, present, and future.

ObEclipseRef:  I happened to see ABWH play in NE Ohio (Blossom Music Center)
about 6 years ago or so, during a total lunar eclipse.  They had timed their
performance of 'Heart of the Sunrise' to coincide exactly with the onset of
totality.  Pretty neat, although it must've been bizarre for them to be
looking out from the stage as half the crowd 'fled' the covered pavilion to
watch the eclipse occur as the music was playing.