HW: Strange Daze Europe '99

J Strobridge eset08 at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Wed Jul 22 06:49:55 EDT 1998

Chris Warburton writes:

> jill wrote:
> >

> >Well if they make it August 11th we can watch the Solar eclipse too.
> >Not sure if it'll be total in that area tho'.
> >
> >jill
>
> 'fraid not, since the path of totality only brushes the tip of Cornwall, I
> don't think that there's any way that Belgium will get it - SW France perhaps?

The path will be going up the English Channel I understand (La Manche
if you are French).   Alderney will have a total eclipse and Guernsey
99% - I'm told that the "Bailey's Beads" will be excellent from here -
whatever they are.    If anyone's got a compass handy I guess it should
be possible to work out where else in Northern Europe the path will
cross 8-)

jill

J.D.Strobridge at ed.ac.uk                         eset08 at holyrood.ed.ac.uk
                                                ELIJSA at srv0.arts.ed.ac.uk