OFF: Not fair

christmu at EUNET.NO christmu at EUNET.NO
Mon Jul 27 06:10:55 EDT 1998

Instant howls from the crypt!!! RIGHT! I realize people on this list of
twisted individuals have been doing their damndest to extract my sorry ass
out of digest lurking mode of recent, to goad me into goading people into
go(a)d knows what. Well! *CRACK* time to pound that keyboard silly!

Scott writes:
>Directed towards Keith:
>
><Yep, believe so.  And I had the same impression about (the) DT's drumming,
><just from that one track alone.  Of course, anybody here who subscribes to
><'Aural Innovations' would've already known that from my review of this
><album.  :)  And anybody who doesn't yet subscribe to AI should do so
><immediately (before the price rises again). :)  At least you'd have the
><pleasure witnessing Chr. & Scott goad NikT into slagging Dave over and
><over...  :)

Scott kept goading Nik all the time, it wasn't me, so blame Scott Heller,
PhD. Would you beleive the editor removed Scott's part where he goes "yeah,
better do what Dave says..." right after Nik talks about the jr. Hawks
pissing their diapers to go on stage with him? Just to be able to squeeze
in the "...and that's where I met Hawkwind, in Holland." origin tale
cliffhanger at the end. Beleive me, its exploitative work on all levels.

>I had to respond to this.... Keith's reviews in AI were excellent and spot
>on! Everyone must have everyone one of the lps he reviewed!

I agree 100%, *though* I'm a purist and would exclude a few of the krauts
who I'd argue are not really a psychedelic extension of blues/jazz but more
of art school anti-rock experimentators. Anyway :)

>but....... it
>is not fair to interpret the interview the way you did that Christan and I
>did with Nik.  We did not try to get him to say anything nasty about dave.
>We just asked about Strange Daze and Nik went off the deep end.

I for one, was not sure how to ask him, so I thought 'damn the torpedoes!'
and tossed in the word 'tension'. I think that was goading....??

>There was
>no goading going on. After Christan and Nik smoked that joint Nik was
>difficult to  get to be quiet. His answers were very long.

Though he was like that from the get go :^)

>I think that
>Christian did a great job in translating the interview to paper. Perhaps we
>should have edited it a bit more but...... that is life.

thanks. It was sheer hell over that fuzzy Gregg Alexander tape of yours,
its murder. I wanted to portray it unedited because I like how
personalities shine through better in raw transcriptions, and I think its
just more lively and fun to read that way...

John Majka sez:

>Ummm...is there someplace on the net where I can read the Nik Turner

Go unto here: http://www.infinet.com/~jkranitz/space/space.html

New issue just came out, the best one so far with a long article on
Terrastock 2, some great writings on Miles Davis from Doug Walker of Alien
Planetscapes, the Nik interview (plug), Keith's spacerock article, loads of
reviews and other interviews etc. etc. 28 pages..

Doug Pearson insinuates:

>I also have no doubts in that area, but I'd be pretty surprised if
>Christian could make it through doing an interview without goading his
>subject into ... something?! ;^)  <sorry!>
>
>        -Doug

May I goad you into explaining *excactly* what you mean? I don't think I've
interviewed anyone before, so your assumptions are based some pretty thin
evidence, pal!! ;^)

Chrimble Chrumble

ObCD: Suicide ltd. 2CD remaster!