OFF: Better popular bands??

Ted Jackson jr. s2h2 tojackso at LIBRARY.SYR.EDU
Wed Jul 29 09:28:31 EDT 1998

> From:          Carl Edlund Anderson <cea20 at CUS.CAM.AC.UK>
>
>      Alas, I gather Jimmy Herring (an excellent guitar player
> and an _extremely_ nice guy) is without a fixed gig these days.
> Anyone know what he has been up to?
>
> --
I was on the ARU list til Otiel left for good.  Though at that time
the band was pretty much broken up.  I saw one of their last
gigs--same venue I saw Bevis Frond.  From what I gather, Jimmy's been
bouncing around from gig to gig.  He did some stuff with Gregg Allman
on a side project away from ABB, then some stuff with young [but
hardly green!] Derek TRucks.  I'll have to check in with some folks
from the ARU list and see if anyone knows what Jimmy's up to.  You're
right about what a nice fella he is.  Very gracious when I saw him
even though it was a horribly small turnout.   Why this guy hasn't
landed a top gig is beyond me...

I swear I must be jinxing all these bands--the typhoid Mary of rock!
Every time I go to a show that isn't superstar level, nobody shows up

theo

"...Power in the hands of fools..."