OFF: Better popular bands??

brian halligan brianh at PULLEYN.COM
Wed Jul 29 09:54:12 EDT 1998

>And, Bevis Frond is essentially a solo gig, isn't it, or are the
>rhythm guys permanent members?  Isn't the bassist a HW-alum?

The latest BF album is all Nick Saloman.  BF's Ade Shaw was the bass
player on the HW CD I'm listening to right now at work, "Quark
Strangeness & Charm"  Which is a terrific album (and the source of The
Brain Surgeons' cover "Hassan I Sahba") but I would never in a million
years recommend it as a 1st HW album for a BOC fan...

I still can't listen to "Spirit of the Age", despite the incredible
lyrics.

Brian

Brian Halligan
mailto:brianh at pulleyn.com
http://home.earthlink.net/~halligan/wicker.html

"You'd better be prepared for the jump into hyperspace.  It's
unpleasently like being drunk.'
'What's so unpleasent about being drunk?'
'You ask a glass of water.'"
-Ford Prefect and Arthur Dent