OFF:(life is)Not fair

Doug Bates Doug.Bates at TUCCSTER.TUCC.UAB.EDU
Wed Jul 29 16:54:42 EDT 1998

        Thanks for the reply Keith.

> Condensed to soundbite form...  "Stay tuned for more on this edition
> of Hard Copy."
>
> "I was actually very disappointed with Strange Daze"

        Not sure what he means here, the crowd was small but very
        appreciative of his Friday show and the "unplugged" set
Saturday.
        I suspect his treatment by people other than the fans turned him
        off.

> "I had busted two toes"

        Ever see a one-legged man at ass kicking contest? And win no
less!

> "Friday night which was great"

        It really was, maybe too good! :-)

> "he said, 'Oh, do they?'"
> "if he can play in tune"

        During the show Dave said something like - Mr Turner will be out
        later if he can play his sax in tune.

> "you don't know the other songs"

        I'm guessing this is what Dave said when Nik really wanted to
play
        another song. I couldn't quite hear what Dave said but a clearly
        dejected Nik said "very well I guess I'm off then".

> "oh, f*ck off, I don't wanna play any of that sh*t"

        Maybe Nik said, hey Dave lets do something off Warrior or
        Space Ritual.  :-))))))))

> "they are only here to see us"

        ooooooooooo, true statement though.

> >Its sad Nik will not be at SD this year. Anyone going anyway?
> I assume this is a joke?!  :)

        Yes it was! I've been a little mean spirited lately since I'm
trying
        to quit smoking, can you tell? ;-)

> and I do expect that HW's set will be the highlight of the three days.

        I think thats the idea (opps its those cigs again :)

        Here is a bit of irony:

Festivals
=========

The spirit once lived
In all of our hearts,
A spirit of freedom,
Dance, music and Arts.
We gave what we could,
But they wanted more.
We came in peace,
But left in war.
A society infiltrated from the inside,
Government instigators?
Nowhere to hide.
We have allowed it to happen,
It is so very sad,
Everyone is guilty,
Though not everyone is bad.
Those carefree days of summers past
At the time seemed too good to last.
But I thought that it would be destroyed,
>From the outside... not from within,
By the closed minded fascists,
Not by our own "Kith and Kin".

        Things may not be so bad, with the talk of a reunion tour and
        all.

        Doug Bates