OFF: Better popular bands??

Paul Mather paul at GROMIT.DLIB.VT.EDU
Thu Jul 30 14:07:00 EDT 1998

On Thu, 30 Jul 1998, Stuart A Hamilton wrote:

> My Govt Mule is on order, so I'll make no comment, but I hope it's
> better than Warrens solo, "Fire In The Kitchen".

Warren's solo (_Tales of Ordinary Madness_) is a lot softer than the
Mule, believe me.  (I don't have Warren's solo album, but do have a live
show that kicked off the tour supporting it.)  I still stand by my
description of the Mule, uttered on BOC-L, in that they play with "the
ferocity of a tent revival on steroids."  Since you are a self-confessed
Southern Rock fanatic, you're no doubt familiar with the huge
contribution Haynes and Woody made towards revitalising the Allman
Brothers Band.  And, if you like the ABB, lay back with Mule's _Live at
Roseland Ballroom_ and soak up a lovely extended version of "Trane"
which ranges all over the place live, including Mahavishnu Orchestra's
"Eternity's Breath", and a great jam on the Grateful Dead's "St.
Stephen."

BTW, which Gov't Mule album did you order?

Cheers,

Paul.

obCD: Orange Goblin, _Frequencies From Planet Ten_

e-mail: paul at gromit.dlib.vt.edu

"I didn't mean to take up all your sweet time"
        --- James Marshall Hendrix