Tape Swap

Doug Pearson ceres at SIRIUS.COM
Fri Jun 12 15:39:15 EDT 1998

On Fri, 12 Jun 1998 14:43:17 +0200, Christian000Mumford <mumford at ONLINE.NO>
cluttered up cyberspace with his incomprehensible rantings:

>>> Legendary Stardust Cowboy
>>
>>> Sorry, this guy didn't float my boat one iota.
>
>Hehe. So you didn't even like the jungle sounds? The rebel yell or Comanche
>war whoop?? Eh? I guess I'm a big fan of his :) Interestingly he's the
>source for David Bowie's (Ziggy) Stardust name. Comparable to a Syd Barrett
>of the US roots/country world maybe. He had a US chart hit in '68 with
>"Paralyzed", and he's still active :)

Sure is!  I saw him perform in San Francisco just a month or two ago ...
what a freak!  Of course, he performed his Dr. Demento hit, "My Underwear
Froze to the Wash Line", shot off his cap guns at appropriate parts in the
set, and generally behaved like the lunatic he is.  The scariest part of
the show was after "The Lege'" left the stage while the band raved on, and
this incredibly drunk overweight 40-/50-something woman jumped on stage and
started taking her clothes off.  AAAAAAUUUUUUGGGGGHHHHHH!

        -Doug
         ceres at sirius.com