BOC: Simpsons reference (was: Re: BOC: "No-Zilla")

Andrew A. Apold mordru at GEKKO.NET
Thu Jun 18 16:43:33 EDT 1998

>My main complaint with the Simpsons is that they are making Homer
>increasingly moronic just for the sake of a cheap laugh---he's becoming
>more one-dimensional by the episode.

They even acknowledged that in that weird anniversery episode (what
was it, 138th show anniversery)?  Homer is increasingly the most
implausible character in the show...  and that's saying something.

>> _King of the Hill_ is worse, though. :)  I couldn't believe the one about
>> Hank and Bobby entering the father and son shooting contest!
>
>And I couldn't believe the tender article in our local paper about a
>little girl (7 years old, I seem to recall) getting to kill her first
>deer (or was it a bear?) when out hunting.  It almost brought a tear to
>my eye when I read the part about her ol' pappy help steady the heavy
>rifle as she took the shot.  A kodak moment, I'm sure. ;-)

I lived in Texas for four years, and the show captures the atmosphere
and feel or rural Texas perfectly...

I know it's not Texas, but there was a story out of Michigan about a hunting
club that for its charity, took some blind people out deer hunting, told
them where to aim, so they too might not be denied the joys of shooting
animals...

Andrew A. Apold (mordru at gekko.net), aka | Tension
Roger Shrubstaff, Guildmaster of Reeves |  Apprehension
Duchy of Silverwater (BL), Amtgard      |    and Dissention
aka Asgrim Dragon -=UDIC=-              |     have begun.
+--------B-L-U-E--Ö-Y-S-T-E-R--C-U-L-T--+    -Alfred Bester
 "I was corrupt before I had power!" - Random