BOC: Simpsons reference (was: Re: BOC: "No-Zilla")

Thu Jun 18 16:48:21 EDT 1998

> From:          Paul Mather <paul at GROMIT.DLIB.VT.EDU>
>
> > _King of the Hill_ is worse, though. :)  I couldn't believe the one about
> > Hank and Bobby entering the father and son shooting contest!

Yeah, but KotH is a total satire.  Whenever Hank rants about family
values or propriety, he's ridiculed.  The fact that everything he
says is stolen off a bumper sticker, his dull discourse and thick,
slow-witted appearance all ridicule the kind of lifestyle he
defends...

But--like Archie Bunker, you still like him, and unlike AB, Hank is
basically a decent guy and not mean-spirited.  That blank look belies
his confusion over a world that's changing and leaving him behind,
when he thought he was doing the right thing...

theo

'...Cause it makes me mad,
And I get evil as a man can be...'
                     --A.K.