OFF: R&RHoF voting

Carl E Anderson cea20 at CUS.CAM.AC.UK
Mon Mar 2 12:34:24 EST 1998

On mån 2 mar 1998 11.55 -0500 "Keith Henderson" <henderson.120 at OSU.EDU> wrote:
> every
> time I see the name Gene Vincent, I think of Kiss (but of course, that's
> wrong isn't it?).

     Yup.  Gene Vinent kicked arse :)

> But still,
> people think the Monkees should be inducted??  For what?  Lame slapstick
> comedy?  Or cheesy renditions of other people's songs?  Take your pick.

     Oooo!  Them's fightin' words, mistah!
     The television show, at least, is classic--and for its time, it was extremely progressive.  The music, of course, is secondary, though Mike Nesmith is a god (and Deke Leonard would agree! :)

> Goldmine mentions that over 200 artists were given as write-ins.  They
> printed a selection of 80 of these including Hawkwind, Uriah Heep, 13th
> floor Elevators, Roxy Music, etc., but still no BOC!

     Though the ones you mention are good choices ... Tull and Sabbath get my support, too.

     And where are Fairport Convention in the list!? :)  Or Blue Cheer :)

Cheers,
Carl

--
Carl Edlund Anderson