Rock&Roll Hall of Fame

christian mumford mumford at ONLINE.NO
Wed Mar 4 10:14:17 EST 1998

> Anyway back to the HoF - my main observation about the "inductees" is
> they're extremely conservative.  Which I suppose is fair enough if you
want
> to build up credibility,

What do you mean? If there's anything that IMO goes against conservatism it
should be the ever changing face of (real anyway) rock'n'roll. These people
have some yucky, unpassionate, glitzy showbiz view of it all, know nothing
about music, and probably never attended a rock'n' roll show... except the
Grammys on TV or something.

 but results in being very dull.  And they take a
> very wide definition of "rock and roll", which includes all the Tamla
> Motown stable.  I think this may be fair enough, not just an exercise in
> PC, because it's be impossible to draw a line anyway.

Why limit it to 'rock'n'roll' - its such a misunderstood/overused/narrowly
defined term anyway. But they do deserve credit for getting the Stooges or
Motorhead or Velvet Underground in there (i.e. actual no shit genuine
rock'n'roll)!
Well and I am sure Jerry Lee Lewis and the original rock'n'rollers  are in
there too so...

> Even though personally I was never really into Floyd or Zep.
>
> But it's all so BORING!

Zep or Floyd? ;)

christian