OFF: da dial (was HW: Party 1997)

Carl E Anderson cea20 at CUS.CAM.AC.UK
Wed Mar 4 19:26:18 EST 1998

> So who are these dino-stompbox afficionadoes, anyway?

     Sundial is the band lead by guitarist/singer/songwriter Gary Ramon.
London-based I think.  Generally they they are a 60's inspired fuzzrock
extravaganza--and as such kick major butt.  For a couple of albums they
drifted dangerously into psych-pop, though at its worst that was bland and
at its best, pretty good.

     I tend to think of them as a lighter kind of Monster Magnet :)
Monster Magnet meets the Beatles :)

     They've had a string of albums from around 89/90ish.

--
Carl Edlund Anderson
Dept. of Anglo-Saxon, Norse, & Celtic
mailto:cea20 at cus.cam.ac.uk