Re: OFF: Amon Düül (II)

reset mumford at ONLINE.NO
Wed Mar 11 09:59:48 EST 1998

> ... it's all so expensive here, so I'm in need of recommendation for
> some of the first "MUST BE" purchases of this band(s). I#ve got the 69 -
> 74 compilation, and like it ... so, if somebody's able to help me out ?
>
> Reiner

Oooh... they are all good! My personal fave remains Carnival In Babylon
though I suspect many will disagree. That album invokes some
sort of shimmering something or other around and inside me. I would stay
clear of Dance Of The Lemmings till last, as it is an extremely tedious and
untogether album IMO. I would say, my fave ADII's in this order:

Carnival In Babylon
Yeti
Phallus Dei
Wolf City
Live In Concert (BBC) /some really excellent heavy versions here btw.
Vive La Trance
Dance Of The Lemmings

I have yet to get Live In London and the Lemmingmania comp with the singles
but I suspect they are pretty good! ;)

Anyone here heard the "new" Flawlwess or the Chris Karrer album?
(Duulmeister Gilham??)

Christian