BOC: HB, SYIB, getting heated

BREVARD, Adrian R. abrevard at SHL.COM
Thu Mar 12 12:37:38 EST 1998

JS>The words you are searching for, my friend, are F***ing COOL!  ;-)

Alex>Uh... I don't think that's what he had in mind *laughing* And I
tend to
agree with him...

You got that right Alex, it does however rhyme with F*** . 8>)

JS>How many BOC fans will NOT buy this CD based on
> it's cover?

John you actually asked this question? I can't see anyone who knows this
band not buying the first new music in ten years becuase of a cheesy
cover. I can always turn it inside out if I don't want to see it.

JS>I think we tend to judge BOC based on our own fan-based standards,
and
sometimes perhaps are lost on the bigger picture.

This could be problematic when the reviews/comments start flowing. How
should we judge this disc?  Should it be compared to BOC's distant past
(BOC thru Specters)?  Is RBN/CN era appropriate?  Ten years is a long
time and much has changed.  I vote thumbs up or down on these songs
alone.  That seems fair.

Now about this recent reveiw that was posted, I'm not going to defend
the content or the opinion expressed; I do believe he has a right to
state it and the rights of others to disagree.  However can we do so
with a bit of civility?  I wish you hadn't posted it yet Eddie, seems
most of us are not fortunate enough to have a copy so we could form our
own opinions based on what we hear.

Dosen't matter anyway, I can love it or shove it but only AFTER I buy
it.

Ghost in The Ruins

"And so he says to me, he says to me, you got style baby but if your
going to be a real villian you gotta get a gimmick.  And so I go, I says
yeah baby a gimmick that's it.  High Explosives." - Evil Midnight Bomber

OBCD - Heavy Bones