BOC: HB, SYIB, getting heated

Thu Mar 12 16:13:26 EST 1998

>I listened to SYIB on the hardradio site.  It's basically a riff.  Quite a
decent riff though, so that's OK.

Yeah, "(Don't Fear) The Reaper" and "Godzilla" are basically great riffs
too.

Along with the Metallica-esque riff though, I quite like the non-standard-
time-signature part which starts the song, precedes the guitar solo, and
ends the song (bum-ba-BUM-ba-BUM-ba-bum-BUM - repeat).  And some of Buck's
licks on the song are killer.

>And for better or worse, voice troubles
or no voice troubles, Bloom still sounds like Bloom.

Yep, and there are no voice troubles evident on this track that I can
detect.  And, this song is being done live again these days, so hopefully
live Bloom sounds again like Bloom too.  I'll be at the Baltic CT gig on
Saturday, so I'll find out for myself soon enough.  :-)

John