BOC: Heaven Forbid

Fri Mar 13 12:39:26 EST 1998

>Yet, ironically, BD is at an all-time peak playing-wise.  It is a
maddening phenomenon.  Wait til you hear BD this week, John. Better
put some padding on the bottom of your jaw, 'cause it's going to hit
the floor a few times...

Agreed.  I didn't mean to imply that their musicianship had in any way
diminished.  And I certainly expect Buck's work on HF to be stellar.

>Don' t overlook the impact of losing SP and Meltzer on BOC's
creativity.

True, but that was more lyrically than musically.

>I do know that other CMC productions are high quality.  Hope it
works out for BOC...

Saw an interesting blurb recently about CMC in a Boston music rag -
it mentioned that it sort of has found a niche between the indie acts
and the mainstream.

>I just hope they have the courage to play lots of HF live, and give
us a chance to show them directly what we think...

I know they're doing 2 or 3 at recent shows - I'm hoping for more.

>Danm!  John, this is the most long-winded I've ever seen ya!  Do it
more often, dude!

Don't tempt me.  ;-)  But then again, I probably waste a little too much
bandwidth in the number of posts I generate, if not their individual
volume.

John