OFF: Queen mailing list (was Heaven Forbid)

Thomas Nelson tnelson at HUMBOLDT.K12.CA.US
Sun Mar 15 11:24:22 EST 1998

>I suppose it could be worse.  This could be the Jimi Hendrix mailing
>list.  Or worse, the Queen mailing list.
>
>Steve

I have to take a little exception to this.  While it is true that Freddie
Mercury has died, it certainly doesn't mean that Queen or Queen-related
music is dead.  In the space of the last 10 years, while BOC has one new
studio album (plus Cult Classic), Queen has had a number of wonderful
albums, including _Made in Heaven_ and numerous solo projects.  Recently, a
new Queen single was released by the remaining three members AND Brian
May's new album is going to be released in June.

The Queen Mailing List is hardly dead.  It has had a lot more new music to
discuss than this wonderful group has had.  Please before careful about
making generalizations.

The Gumby Man has spoken!

Thomas Nelson
8th Grade Core Teacher