OFF: the death of psychedelics

reset mumford at ONLINE.NO
Mon Mar 23 15:09:37 EST 1998

Warburton <desdinova at EARTHLING.NET> writes

> Now give me something to get my teeth into - anybody wanna diss FZ?
>
> ChrisW

No but I will say this: FZ never was "psych". At best he was anti-psych.
Even better, maybe he was anti-anti-anti-psych, but without figuring out
the first couple of psych's, he still was psych in a borderline sort of
way. But never "pure" psych. He never took psychedelics, and yes, a few
people are "psychedelic" not taking psychedelics. But FZ never struck me as
"psychedelic". Whereas say, Capt. Beefheart, sure, he certainly did
psychedelics, and certainly was psychedelic absolutely in every sense of
the word, no matter what your psychedelic POV is. Maybe FZ was
anti-anti-anti-anti-anti-anti-anti-anti-anti-anti-psychedelic? Maybe he
wasn't????

I don't know, its all so confusing. I will have to put on a FZ record and
investigate further.

Christian

PS: nothing is psychedelic