New to List

Miles Lester lestewm at MAIL.AUBURN.EDU
Fri Mar 27 11:24:34 EST 1998

Hi, I found this list only a couple of days ago when I was looking for
information about BOC's upcoming HF release. I have a couple of observations
to make which I don't intend to get flamed for, but rather hope will spark
good conversation in the list.

1) Who is Hawkwind, is there a connection between HW and BOC?, Is there a
musical similarity?,  in other words, as a BOC fanatic, would I probably
like HW? As I said, please don't be offended by my ignorance in this
question. I am actually quite travelled in the realms of music, including
obscure groups and labels and simply have never run across HW nor have any
of my friends who like similar music told me of them.

2) I am a LONG time subscriber to the "Rush NMS" mailing list/listserv.
While I get really annoyed with the blind dittoheads in the Rush group, I do
recognize their extreme loyalty/devotion to the group Rush. In the NMS, talk
of a new album would spark a marked increase in listserv traffic as they
hashed out rumors, gloat over early promo hearings, generally discussing the
new release. I am kind of disappointed that there is actually little traffic
relating to the new release, and almost none even critiquing(sp?) the CD. I
find it very interesting that BOC chose to use John Shirley's lyrics on
almost every song, but nothing is mentioned about that here..... Please, I
am not asking for flames, only trying to either get good conversation going,
or at least understand the mentality of the list.

Oh well, good feedback, even if it doesn't agree with me is welcome. I'm
only making an observation.

Thanks...........
          __
   | | / /  \ \ | |       Miles Lester
   | |/ /____\ \| |       lestewm at mail.auburn.edu      (334) 844-9188
   | / ________ \ |       http://www.auburn.edu/~lestewm/welcome.html
  _|/ /__    __\ \|_      Division of University Computing
 |_______|  |_______|     144 Parker Hall
   \ \__________/ /       Auburn University, AL. 36849
  AUBURN UNIVERSITY