Followup to New on the List

Miles Lester lestewm at MAIL.AUBURN.EDU
Mon Mar 30 17:13:44 EST 1998

Been away for the weekend and thus, I start things off with one message,
then disappear.... :-) ...........

I wanted to thank all of you who responded, in fact all were tactful nice
welcoming messages.

I think I will refrain from any RUSH comparisons in this group, it does seem
to draw battle lines, though I think the lines are not as clear as some of
you would like to think. Needless to say, I do enjoy Rush, but will respect
the sanctity (sp?) of this group topic.

On HW, I think I will have to track down a few CD's and listen for myself.
Thanks for some of the suggestions that have been offered.

On HF, a few comments.

1) I honestly do "not" like the cover art. I find it to not be in following
with BOC's previous artwork or even character. I brought my CD into the
office so I could listen to it all day, and every single co-worker who came
in, looked at the CD, grimaced and always formed a negative opinion before
listening to anything on the album. Harvest Moon, however usually turned
them around :-).

2) Of course, Harvest Moon is the epitomy of BOC on this CD. It speaks to me
directly, reminds me what  has always been about BOC that I liked, and
frankly, is fast becoming my favorite BOC song.

3) I'll never be able to oogle over another man's wife anymore without now
thinking to myself  "I'd like to see you in black" <grin> think about
it............. what an opening line! (I'm terrible, married and have 4 kids
but I can still dream, no!)

4) If I am to be honest in a BOC group, I think I would point out that I
find HF to be an excellent work, but one that only confirms that I am
possibly more  a fan of Buck Dharma, than BOC. Everywhere I turn, it is his
influence that I see, or enjoy/respect. This statement is not at all
intended to belittle or lessen the influence and respect I have for Eric,
Allen, Al or Joe or any other BOC members in the past, present, or future,
only to affirm the esteem that I hold Buck in!

Oh well, have a good day, see you later...........