Followup to New on the List

Tue Mar 31 04:01:34 EST 1998

> The first and third verses are fine (and that first line is a killer),
> but the other verses are horrible.  Her husband is a wife-beater,
> so now we have the justification for killing him.  We don't need
> no stinkin' justification!  We'll kill him because we want his wife!
> *That*'s reason enough.  The "old" BOC would left in the ambiguity.

Good point.  Reminds me of "Veins" - "I'm drinking his whiskey/I'm balling
his wife"... (don't believe the minced version in the lyric book!)

> And that last verse, running away to Greece and drinking Ouzo... YAK!

In JS' original lyric, it's "ouzo in our coffee".  Now, I've got a cup of
Gold Blend here, and there's still some duty-free ouzo left over from that
holiday in Corfu...  YAK indeed!

- Andy

mailto:Andy.Gilham at btinternet.com;
http://www.btinternet.com/~andy.gilham