No Godzilla in Godzilla!

Christian000Mumford mumford at ONLINE.NO
Thu May 7 07:13:31 EDT 1998

> > I feel terribly sorry for this generation of kids who will grow up
saying
> > "all those old Godzilla movies suck, they aren't the real ones!" and
> > associate the dancey music of Jamiroquai and Puff Daddy  with the
> > big green
> > guy.
> >

> Just 'cause you're one of that generation that says, "all those old Flash
> Gordon movies suck, they aren't the real ones!" and associate the pompous
> music of Queen with the all-American hero!
>
> :))
>
> - Andy

Hey! Alright, this is getting PERSONAL man! REALLY REALLY BITTER AND
PERSONAL! :))

I associate Flash Gordon with creator Alex Raymond, probably because those
comics were in fact quite an impression on me as a kid. Ditto for the B&W
Buster Crabbe serials on daytime TV! But, as I admit liking the 1980 flick
and score, I cannot help associate Queen with it, can I?? Remember, I was
ONLY 8! "tsk tsk, poor child, ruined for life!"

And I associate Godzilla with post WWII trauma, though if I were to pick a
soundtrack it would be BOC. Its only logical innit?

Chr.

"Welcome to Crazyville!"
      - H. Leroy Newton