Off: Mountain (was BOC: revamped set)

Hulsebos A arjanh at CS.VU.NL
Fri May 8 04:03:18 EDT 1998

On May 7,  6:26pm, Chris Warburton wrote:

>I'd been "umming" & "erring" about 'Over The Top' - I'll take that as a
>positive recommendation:  I guess it's joined my shopping list!  I hadn't
>heard of 'Man's World', but I'll be looking out for it now.

Well, it contains 'Stormy Monday', a whole 19 minutes of it! Live! It's from
a festival in the US, held in 69 or 70. The other source is a triple LP, but
I found that one n-th hand (reasonable quality, nevertheless). That made me
buy 'Over The Top'. And it contains a couple of tracks from Leslie's first
album, and two from the 'Go For Your Life' album; I've seen neither on CD.

'Over The Top' is more like Leslie's solo ventures, like 'Theme', than any of
the original Mountain stuff. It's still pretty good, tho.

One point to note: the big man has halved himself :-)

Cheers,
        Arjan H
--
Disclaimer? Whaddayamean, disclaimer? This is 1998!

            Arjan Hulsebos -- arjanh at cs.vu.nl

For more info (last updated April 9,1998): finger -l arjanh at top.cs.vu.nl