OFF: Bevis Frond

Paul Mather paul at GROMIT.DLIB.VT.EDU
Fri May 8 12:48:04 EDT 1998

On Mon, 4 May 1998, Ted Jackson jr. 6L6 wrote:

> Hey Bevis Frond was amazing!  Brian and Jason [sadly late of this
> list] were also on hand.  Brian, you gonna post a review?

Alas, when Bevis Frond played anywhere remotely close to me on this tour
(Chapel Hill, NC; I'm in Blacksburg, VA), lucky ol' me had to pick
someone up at the airport the very same evening. :-(

Oh, and to top it off, I discovered that the day after I returned from a
recent two-day training class in Dublin, OH, Govt. Mule were playing
nearby Columbus, OH.  (Worst of all, the training class was also being
held that day; if only I'd known!!!)

Glad to hear you enjoyed Bevis Frond.  You may be pleased to know that
Flydaddy Records in the USA is re-releasing the Bevis Frond back
catalogue, at its usual inexpensive price.  I suggest, at the very
least, that you try and hunt out a copy of _New River Head_ and
_Superseeder_.  The first couple of albums are a bit too "lo-fi" for
some people, but I like them (especially _Inner Marshland_).

Cheers,

Paul.

obCD: Bevis Frond, _It Just Is_

e-mail: paul at gromit.dlib.vt.edu

"If it wasn't for bad luck, I wouldn't have no luck at all"
        --- Albert King