PARIS!

Chris Warburton desdinova at EARTHLING.NET
Thu May 7 17:41:33 EDT 1998

At 19:00 07/05/98 +0100, you wrote:
>> My Itinary(hmm--it ain't spelt like that) so far is. The GONG gig. Jim
>> Morrisons grave, and probably about every record shop in Paris :-) Any
>> suggestions?
>
>Jim Morrision's grave is, well, just that.  Hardly worth the metro fare I
>thought, but you can drop in on other dead dudes like Oscar Wilde on the
>same trip...  the record shops are _vachement_ expensive, but I can't say
>I'm an expert (Virgin on the Champs Elysees doesn't qualify me as an expert
>:).
>
>- Andy

I thought disques were expensive too, but I did pick up a couple of Magma
rarities once, and any large branch of Fnac is likely to have interesting
jazz, folk or modern "classical" music.

Yes, JM's grave is just that, esp. now that the bust has been replaced with
a plain headstone, but Pere Lachaise as a whole is an amazing necropolis,
after all, it does have the Communards' Wall and the concentration camp
memorials as well as all the arty types.  I always wondered how they
managed to get Morrison interred in the old part of the cemetery.  I'm also
rather fond of the cheesy statues of obscure French generals sat astride
their bronze steeds.

ChrisW

ObMoney-saving tip: walk past the pavement cafes full of blue rinsed old
biddys, go down a side street, and have your cup of coffee for a fraction
of the price
"I can't believe my point of view is the only correct one." - Jerry Garcia