OFF: N2O

Automind !! antisol at HOTMAIL.COM
Sat May 16 15:51:45 EDT 1998

>>Of course, if you've ever had a cavity filled, you probably
>>know nitrous oxide by one of its more benign
>>nicknames--laughing gas. However, the effects of nitrous oxide
>>can be severe, as well as deadly.

>>Inhaling nitrous oxide can
>>lead to a loss of motor control, nausea and headaches, as well
>>as slurred speech and unconsciousness.

THAT'S THE WHOLE POINT :))

>>Chronic abuse can cause
>>vitamin B12 deficiency, which in turn can result in anemia and
>>nerve degeneration.

Well, I'll have to go get some vitamin pills :)

>>And it can also cause death by asphyxiation
>>when inhaled through a face mask or bag, since it starves the
>>body of oxygen, resulting in Sudden Sniffing Death.

That's why you breathe while inhaling the gas :|

If it were that dangerous your dentist wouldn't give it to you, and it
wouldn't be in your hot chocolate (albeit, in very small amounts).
Thanks for bothering to look up some information though.