Klaatu (was groovie sci-fi movie)

christmu at EUNET.NO christmu at EUNET.NO
Thu Nov 5 13:24:25 EST 1998

>> ObStrangeDreamMemory: a kids' festival at the foot of a mountain where Nik
> Turner w/some band played under the name of "Tiki-Wind" (on the> poster they
> were added on last with a non-repro blue pencil!). I don't think Thor
> Heyerdahl was in the band tho.>

Andy Gilham analyzed & theorized:

>That was actually "Tinky-Wind", the shirt-lived collaboration with the
>Teletubbies.

Well, there were no Teletubbies in sight, I vaguely recall Nik wearing
something white, and the ad in the paper (also being a poster on the way)
which alerted me of this special one-off gig, with the pencilled in
addition (did the paper boy add "Tiki-Wind w/Nik Turner" on all the papers
or just mine? Or was it the paper boy at all?). The other bands there were
generic teeny-chart-pop bands of sorts. I don't really recall any of
Tiki-Wind's set or any specifics really, so it must have been either pretty
mindblowing or complete crap!

Chr-

ObCD: Gorky's Zygotic Mynci - Gorky 5