OFF: frrrrrrrrrrripp! and stuff

J. Scruton js3619 at WIZVAX.NET
Wed Nov 11 11:55:49 EST 1998

At 02:29 PM 11/11/98 GMT, you wrote:

>Is Toyah Wilcox still Fripp's wife? Or someone else is now?

Toyah Wilcox is still Fripp's wife.

Random fun filled comments:

Listening to King Crimson's Nightwatch CD, I find I'm disappointed by it as
a whole. However, it does give a good place for Wetton's bass playing and
D.Cross to shine.  One week to go till soundscaping.woohoo! Ought to be
interesting, having never seen Fripp in any form previously.

I wonder how the King Biscuit BOC CD is doing... wasnt it supposed to be
out sometime around the Gold AoF ?  Yeah, BOC needs its own version of 1999
Party or Space Ritual-- a 2 CD lavish blowout of coolnes and sinister
imagery. Could be the first set of discs packaged in black leather
emblazoned with a blood red "Cronos" logo. hehehehe

If the revamping of the first 2 BOC CDs is actually going to be done, I
hope that the liner notes are copious with good stuff (couresy Bolle's
vaults or Bucks maybe? like the Who remastered version of "Live at Leeds"
yet another live LP thats good, but sounds too spread apart drumwise.

I can't beleive they left out that COOL photo of the band in the liner to T&M.
That photo defines the visual imagery of the band moreso than any other I
think.  Look at that puppy, they're all wearing black (sans Buck) They were
America's version of sinister... not to mention how surly A.Lanier looks.

The verdict: OYFoOYK is the best live release availible.  Yay impartial
judgement.  THAT should be redone-- put the full color inner photo of the
band and that book on the back where it belongs. I wonder where that tome
went to?
(Space Ritual could be tied for first place, granted I havent heard it yet)

Other really odd noting:  I was looking at a webpage (forgot the address)
titled "Whiplash! Blue Oyster Cult" that was in Spanish, but at the end the
discography lists the "on the ground or in my mouth" (Whatever that title
is for the EP) and Live (1994) anyone know what that might be?   Maybe its
a mistaken name or Cult CLassic...but then again I forgot when that was
released.

Quick question: How much better was the redone AoF soundwise? I was not
around for that set of conversations.

I wonder if KBFH accepts fan reccommendations for its live release
output... I mean think about it -- theyve done Renaissance, 10 cc, Triumph.
 Surely BOC has more pull marketwise than them.  The smart thing for them
to do (Do they have a web page?) is post all the bands they haves shows of
and offer people to vote on the artists periodically. (Imagine the server
frying when all of BOCL swamps it with BOC/Hawkwind--(did they ever do a
KBFH? I doubt it)).

I'd kill for the Fillmore poster that had SWU on it,

Jason