BOC: Jason's Questions

Thu Nov 12 09:59:26 EST 1998

>I wonder how the King Biscuit BOC CD is doing... wasnt it supposed to be
out sometime around the Gold AoF ?

It was originally suppossed to come out around the fall, and rumor has
it that it may come out in 1999.  On the otherhand, I once e-mailed KBFH
and the person answering my e-mail knew nothing about it.  I've posted
some of my skepticism about this and no-one has given me a satisfactory
answer.  I think it is something that BOC and KBFH would LIKE to do, but
I suspect there are copyright issues with Sony to be worked out, and no-
one wants to take the time/effort to work it out (this is my suspicion/
opinion only!).  Hopefully, we'll here more about this in a few months.
Also, the intent was that this was going to be a compilation of all the
BOC KBFH shows, NOT just the '86 broadcast - I think the reason that
came up was because of the anticipation of having "Wings of Mercury" on
this disc, and that song came from the '86 broadcast.

>Yeah, BOC needs its own version of 1999
Party or Space Ritual-- a 2 CD lavish blowout of coolnes and sinister
imagery. Could be the first set of discs packaged in black leather
emblazoned with a blood red "Cronos" logo. hehehehe

I've spent some time thinking about a BOC "Box Set", and what I would
want in it -- it would be at least 10 CDs long.  :-)  I like the black
leather casing idea though - my original thought was some sort of locking
metal box with the Chronos logo as the latch somehow (like, you turn the
logo to open the box).

>If the revamping of the first 2 BOC CDs is actually going to be done, I
hope that the liner notes are copious with good stuff (couresy Bolle's
vaults or Bucks maybe?

The Gold AoF included all the LP liner notes stuff, plus new notes from
Buck himself.  So, I'd be optimistic about the first 2 CDs (I wonder if
they are doing the first 2 as a single CD containing both albums?  Would
a single CD hold all the songs?).

>The verdict: OYFoOYK is the best live release availible.

I think you may get a lot of agreement about that.  A very special live
album indeed.

>but at the end the
discography lists the "on the ground or in my mouth"

Should have been "In my mouth or on the ground" - this is a bootleg
release (on either blue or black 10" vinyl) of the 4-song "BOC Bootleg"
EP that Columbia released in '72.

>(Whatever that title
is for the EP) and Live (1994) anyone know what that might be?   Maybe its
a mistaken name or Cult CLassic...but then again I forgot when that was
released.

Cult Classic was released in 1994.  Never heard of a "Live 1994" release -
perhaps they got it confused with "Live 1976".  Also, an import CD
release of "The BOC Bootleg" is entitled - "Live in New York, '72".
Maybe it's that?

>Quick question: How much better was the redone AoF soundwise? I was not
around for that set of conversations.

A bit.  AoF sonically isn't bad to begin with.  I'm sure audiophiles will
like the gold version much better.  I can notice more depth in the gold
version, but I also like the fact that it has the restored liner notes
plus notes from Buck.

John