BOC: OYFOOYK Question

Fri Nov 13 08:26:42 EST 1998

>What are those omissions/comissions that Arthur Levy mentioned in his
liner notes?

I believe, and hopefully Albert can weigh in on this, that:

Sins of "commission" - the mix was pretty raw.  In retrospect, that's why
many of us (including Al and Joe Bouchard) think the album is great.  But,
I believe, at the time of it's release, the band was not happy with the
sonic production.

Sins of "omission" - There are a few songs that were in BOC's setlist at
that time that didn't get onto the album, notably "Astronomy" (which
SEE made up for) - one could also argue "Stairway to the Stars" and
"Flaming Telepaths" (although of course these weren't on SEE).

As to exactly who is Arthur Levy, and what was he smoking when he wrote
some of the liner notes...well, maybe Albert can lend some insight.  BTW,
Albert, do you hate it when I volunteer you for these things?  ;-)

John