OFF: Star Wars Trailer

Mon Nov 23 10:33:56 EST 1998

>>>The trailer for the upcoming (Episode 1) Star Wars movie was shown on my
>>local news broadcast last night.  It looked pretty cool.  That is all.

>>I don't know  - the "cute kid" factor could be dangerously high ...

>I realise how difficult this is going to be, but could our US cousins
bear in minds the film is not released in the UK for several months
after May 20th 1999. It's going to very difficult not to hear the entire
plot months before any danger of getting near a cinema. If you guys
insist on discussing the thing here, after you've seen it, please at
least remember to put spoiler warnings on your posts.

Agreed.  Then again, ANY of us will probably be able to access the whole
plot if we want to via the 'net (I do recall being rather angry that my
local paper carried most of the plot - at least some of the main mysteries
surrounding Luke and his family - of "Return of the Jedi" before I saw it).
I fully support not giving away the plot.  BUT - I don't think any of the
above discussion warranted a spoiler warning.

John