HW/OFF: Cool Space Rock Bands on tour

Keith Henderson henderson.120 at OSU.EDU
Fri Oct 23 13:54:20 EDT 1998

Hi Folks...

Just wanted to get the word out about three very cool space rock acts doing
some shows around the NE/Central US.

First, there's Asteroid #4 from Philadelphia, PA.  Excellent debut CD called
'Introducing...' available from the band's own Lounge Records label.  (see
http://www.voicenet.com/~lounge/ for more info.)

They will be at the following places...

*October 23 (Tonight!) - Black Cat, Wash. DC
October 25 (Sunday!) - Neptune (Record Shop) in-store performance at 2 pm,
Royal            Oak, MI
October 25 (Sunday night!) - 1529 Broadway (new club, no name yet), Detroit, MI
           (may be 1525 Broadway, not sure)
*October 27 - Empty Bottle, Chicago
*October 29 - Maxwell's, Hoboken, NJ
November 7 - Baby Jupiter (CMJ music fest, 11 pm), I'm guessing this is
either NYC            (as below) or perhaps Philly

Some (*) dates will also feature another band (Lilys) presumably as support (?)

Check 'em out...they should be cool.

Also, the great psych/space group from Texas called '7% Solution' will be in
NYC for a single show on Thursday, November 05, 1998 at 11 PM at the
Knitting Factory (CMJ ShowCase).  They've got some more dates later on down
in their home territory (Dallas/Fort Worth)...www.sevenpercent.com for more
details.

Finally, the very cool heavy psych band (somewhere between Kingston Wall and
Monster Magnet) 'Walk On Water' (Detroit, MI) will be heading to NYC on
Friday November 6, 1998 to play at the Continental Club as part of this same
CMJ fest.

Enjoy!  (I wish I could be there in NYC, but then I'm seeing both WOW and
Asteroid #4 in Michigan this weekend, so I can't complain.)

Keith H. (FAA)

P.S.  What is CMJ anyway??  It looks like they're bringing in a whole slew
of cool space/psych bands to the City.