OFF: Donnington Question

William Duffy xl5 at IINET.NET.AU
Mon Oct 26 11:08:47 EST 1998

> >Are you saying you didn't like:-
> >Comic Strip Presents
>
> For me, about 1 in 3

Same here

> >The Young Ones
>
> Hated it!

A lot of the humour was repeated each week, so most episodes really just
seemed the same. The only ones that I would ever watch again would be Bambi
and the one that was a send up of The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe.

> >Bottom
>
> Even worse!

Only seen about 2 or 3 episodes, and one where they went camping I thought
was hilarious. Another where they are stuck on the Big Wheel at the
fairground was a bit dull.

> >Absolutely Fabulous?????
>
> Funny at first, but ran out of jokes...

I never saw or heard any jokes in it, and am still amazed that it is
popular?

> Same with Chef!...the first two series had me biting the carpet, but the
> last one?

The last series has only just begun to screen in Australia, and it's obvious
why they left it so long. I find it hard to believe that this is the same
show?

William