HW: Six Hour Spacerock Special playlist

christmu at EUNET.NO christmu at EUNET.NO
Sat Oct 24 11:01:48 EDT 1998

Uhørt/RadiOrakel, Oslo FM 99.3,  24/10/98, 12:00 - 06:00 AM:

What Do You Turn On When You Turn On? - Dr. Timothy Leary  (You Can Be
Anyone This Time Around, 1970)
Superficial Roadblocks - Arthur Brown's Kingdom Come (Journey, 1972)
Not In Vogue - Glenn Fletcher (Void, 1998)
Ejection - Hawkwind (Undisclosed Files, 1989)
Levitation - Amorphis (My Kantele, 1997)
Many Brains Have Died - Mooseheart Faith (Global Brain, 1996)
Void City - Hawkwind (Choose Your Masques 1982)
S.A.L.T. -  Orb (Orblivion, 1997)
Inner Vastness of Space - Melting Euphoria w/Don Falcone (Through The
Strands Of Time, 1994)
L=sd^2 - Ship Of Fools
Spirit Of The Age - Fly Ashtray (Assassins Of Silence/Hundred Watt
Violence, 1996 (Hawkwind        tribute))
The Sutler - National Steam (National Steam, 1998)
*competition: "hva skrur du på når du skrur på? (what do you turn on when
you turn on?)"  prize was National Steam CD and copy of Aural Innovations*
A Trip To G9 - Spiral Realms  (A Trip To G9, 1996)
Creature - Melting Euphoria (Creature of The Velvet Void, 1997)
And The Ants Marched On - Tribe Of Cro (Hydroculture, 1997)
Radiation King - Alien Planetscapes (Life On Earth, 1997)
You Are Just A Flying Egg - Mooseheart Faith Stellar Groove Band (Succour
comp. 1996)
Air - Quarkspace (Live Orion 97, 1998)
Two Hours Over Two Blue Mountains With A Cuckoo On Each Side, Of The
Hours... That Is - Älgarnas Trädgård (Framtiden är ett svävande skepp,
förankrad i förntiden, 1971)
Goodbye Grace - Cardiacs (from Sampler CD)
Tarred And Feathered - Cardiacs (from Sampler CD)
Blind In Safety And Leafy In Love - Cardiacs (from Sampler CD)
Veronica In Ecstacy - Cardiacs (from Sampler CD)
Scream Thy Last Scream - Pink Floyd
Spine of God (live) - Monster Magnet (Evil EP, 1992)
Siren/The Grain Kings - Legendary Pink Dots (Canta Mientras Puedas, 90-95)
The Hollow Earth - Mooseheart Faith Stellar Groove Band (Global Brain, 1996)
Black Light - Temple (Unknown Deutschland: The Krautrock Archives vol. 1)
Odinsrune - Bionaut (Au Naturel, 1997)
Chris In Space - Alien Planetscapes (Life On Earth, 1997)
Interstellar Shortwave - Astral Army (Unknown Deutschland: The Krautrock
Archives vol. 1)

end of show: Hawkwind, live at Reading University 19/05/92

-----

Well, this is what I played. All in all, at least music wise, it was
sucessful. Possibly with one exception: I later regretted playing the live
Hawkwind show: or is my worrying unfounded? I made it clear that it was an
excellent show to stay tuned for, even to tape,  so that people would stay
on for the full show. But is the price that someone might bootleg it and
press it? Would the band approve either way? After all its "unauthorized",
and have I crossed an ethical line from tape trading fan? I don't know in
the case of Hawkwind, and its something I gave no further thought to until
I actually put it on and and went home. In the future I will not play any
full shows, or bootlegs, on the radio, unless I get authorization I guess.
I would like to hear what others here think - did I cross an ethical line
broadcasting the live Hawkwind show? There was a huge bootleg bickering
thread on another list, and I know its a matter no one really agrees
clearly on, but any advice would be good if I do another show in the
future. I make no money from this, but I might also have "robbed" the hawks
by broadcasting something they may want to release themselves?

Christian