Off-acoustic tunes

Stuart A Hamilton xzx28 at DIAL.PIPEX.COM
Thu Sep 3 04:25:41 EDT 1998

That would be;

Los Indios Tabajaras were a pair of Brazilian indian brothers, Mussapere
and Herundy, who were the songs of a Tabajara indian chieftain who lived in
the Cera jungle in Northern Brazil. According to legend, the pair found a
guitar in the jungle and taught themselves how to play the instrument.
Eventually, the two brothers visited Rio De Janeiro, where they played
Tabajaran folk songs in night clubs. They continued to practice, adding
classical and folk styles to their sound.   The brothers recorded a Mexican
folk song, "Maria Elena," for a Mexican label in 1958. The record became
such a big hit, selling consistently over the years, that RCA Records
decided to release the single in the US. Surprisingly, "Maria Elena" sailed
into the Top 10 in the fall of 1963. It eventually sold over a million
copies worldwide.

Following the Top 10 placing of "Maria Elena," RCA rushed the duo into the
studio
 to record an album of Mexican and pop standards. The album went Top 10 as
well.
In the spring of 1964, Los Indios Tabajaras recoded the title song from Kay

Francis' 1942 film, Always in My Heart. The single failed to match the
success of
its predecessor, peaking at a mesely number 82. An album entitled Always in
My
Heart appeared before the group faded away from the pop spotlight, retiring
to a
moderately successful career in Mexcio

You can get "Best Ofs" for about $10 from virtually any of the on-line
retailers.

NP David Lee Roth - California Girls [on the TV]

Cliff and Pam Wheaton wrote:

> Hi all!
> An odd question here-I'm remembering a pair of, South American ,
> possibly  Peruvian
> guitarists that went by the name of" Los Indios Trabajaros". I remember
> very nice spanish & acoustic guitar. Any help here? I'd kinda like to
> refresh my memories!! And possibly find them on cd:)
> Thanx!
> Rock on!
> Pam
>
> --
>          Pam Wheaton                         Cliff Wheaton
>        ____/----^----\____               The greatest tool
> </__"Rockin Cabbie"__\o            for world peace
>              O             O                        "THE INTERNET"
> E-mail: cwheaton at TransWestTaxi.com
> http://www.TransWestTaxi.com

ZEITGEIST E-ZINE & THE RECORD HUNTER at http://www.zeitgeist-scot.com

Shamrock Multimedia, PO Box 13499, Edinburgh EH6 8YL, UK

Tel: 0966-389732  Fax: 0131-467-1827