OFF: Brave New World

christmu at EUNET.NO christmu at EUNET.NO
Thu Sep 3 21:28:27 EDT 1998

I thought 90s corporate rock had reached new heights with the RIP-Dead
festivals, Lollapalooza and Woodstock, but the alterna/punk thing has
reached mindboggling proportions; browsing the 'Tour 98' pages at CDNow has
all the 'festivals' so clearly and neatly divided and sanitized as
commodity, targeted towards media created subcultures, i.e. your braindead
kids :) We get every flavor nicely separated to our (seemingly) personal
tastes, supplemented with daily allowances of fun activities and stuff...

"THE VANS WARPED TOUR '98
Picture if you will, an extreme summer camp on wheels, with dozens of hot
alternative bands, any number of acts from your local music scene, vert
ramps, half pipes, world-class freestyling, BMX street courses and tons
more cool stuff! Need we say more?

Now on sale! The Vans Warped Tour '98 artists' albums!

These artists are appearing at The Vans Warped Tour. Be sure to check out
their complete discographies."

http://www.cdnow.com/cgi-bin/mserver/SID=655199186/pagename=/MN/promo.summer
tour98/tours.html/tour=warped/view=sale/

(listed bands incl. Rancid, Specials, NO/FX, Bad Religion, Die Toten
Hosen....++ many punk and ska bands...must be like 30!)

Christian
"can I get my frontal lobe pierced too???"