HW: Davey dates

Paul Mather paul at GROMIT.DLIB.VT.EDU
Sun Sep 6 13:42:21 EDT 1998

On Fri, 4 Sep 1998, J Strobridge wrote:

=> I keep forgetting I'm on Alan Davey's mailing list and wonder why I'm
=> getting strange hand-written envelopes from Devon - until I open them
=> and find a whole load of fascinating info!    Here are the tour dates
=> for Alan Davey's Bedouin:

=> Saturday 26 September   The Cellar, Thomas Street, South Shields

=> I might try for South Shields meself.  It's the closest to Scotland
=> and its a Saturday and there's a very nice Roman fort there I've been
=> wanting an opportunity to explore 8-)

Hey, good choice!  Although I'm biased, since South Shields is my home
town!!  (There is also a nice Priory at Tynemouth, too, as well as
Bede's world at Jarrow---all very conveniently travelled to via the
Metro.)

However, here's the bad news: are you sure the Cellar Club is still
open???  Last I heard (~2 months ago), they had called in the receivers
(thanks to the brewery), and had to close at short notice.  Naturally,
the locals are up in arms about this, since the Cellar Club is a venue
attracting some mighty fine acts, and so they were trying to get some
kind of "Save Our Cellar Club" campaign started, with the aid of the
Shields Gazette.

I hope that the Davey tour dates means they've been successful, and that
the Cellar Club is once again back in action!  I'd call, though...

Cheers,

Paul.

obVideo: Gov't Mule, Humpty's, Tahoe City, CA, 13th August, 1996

e-mail: paul at gromit.dlib.vt.edu

"I didn't mean to take up all your sweet time"
        --- James Marshall Hendrix