OFF: RE: Corman (was Fantastic Four Movie)

John McIntyre MCINTYRE at PA.MSU.EDU
Fri Sep 4 11:35:37 EDT 1998

>From: "<Nick English>" <nick at THECAMPUS.COM>

>> I've seen it.  It wasn't that bad, just typical Corman production values
>> of extremely low budget and not particularly skilled actors.
>>
>> John McIntyre

>I don't want nobody to go off bashin' ol' R.C. now...

No bashing intended.  In fact, I collect Corman films, but they are low
budget affairs.  In Demme's first feature film, _Caged Heat_, the prison
shrink was performing lobotomies with a Black & Decker quarter inch drill.
Why waste money on realistic props? (-8

>To steer this somewhat On-topic again, what ever happened to Charles
>Band's Full Moon Pictures? They're the ones who made "Bad Channels".
>Are they still around? Any plans to utilize Buck/BOC again?

They are still around, although financial difficulties had them keeping
a low profile for a while.  They recently released another couple of
_Puppetmaster_ films.  Don't know if they'll be using BOC/Buck again.
Charles's brother writes music himself, so they may keep it in the
family for budgetary reasons.

John McIntyre
Physics - Astronomy Domine Dept
Michigan State University