OFF: Sky Cries Mary, _Fresh Fruits for the Liberation_

Paul Mather paul at GROMIT.DLIB.VT.EDU
Mon Sep 7 15:32:52 EDT 1998

I just picked up a CD called _Fresh Fruits for the Liberation_ by Sky
Cries Mary in the used section today.  I guess it's a new release, since
it's (C) 1998.  It appears to be a collection of rarities, remixes,
etc., stretching all across their career.  (It includes their track from
the Pink Floyd tribute, _Saucerful of Pink_, for example. [on-topic
reference!])

Mine is stamped as a promo, but I guess this is a general release.  The
track listing is:

         1. Bath House
         2. Goodbye Horse
         3. Where Does It End...
         4. Well, Where Does It Begin?
         5. 2000 Light Years From Home (Soft Explosion Mix)
         6. Corner Man (Still Homeless in the Freeworld Version)
         7. Movement Of Water
         8. Every Iceberg Is Afire (Titanic Mix)
         9. Wot's... Uh The Deal?
        10. Moonbathing (Waxing and Waning Mix)
        11. To The One You Love (Partial Clearing Mix)

Running time is ~62 minutes.  I've not really had a chance to listen to
it, but the early stuff (tracks 1--4) sounds pretty weird and
"industrial."

Cheers,

Paul.

NP: Clutch, _Transnational Speedway League_

e-mail: paul at gromit.dlib.vt.edu

"I didn't mean to take up all your sweet time"
        --- James Marshall Hendrix