OFF: Sky Cries Mary, _Fresh Fruits for the Liberation_

Stuart A Hamilton xzx28 at DIAL.PIPEX.COM
Tue Sep 8 04:13:30 EDT 1998

Just for background, Sky Cries Mary is a Seattle-based psychedelic revival
band formed in 1989 who released a series of popular independent albums in
the early '90s before moving to Warner Bros. with 1997's  Moonbathing on
Sleeping Leaves
Records include;
Fresh Fruits for the Revolution - Released 2/10/1998 WORLD DOMINATION
 Moonbathing on SleepingLeaves -  Released 2/25/1997   WARNER BROTHERS
Exit at the Axis Released- 3/22/1995WORLD DOMINATION
Return to the Inner Experience- Released 3/22/1995WORLD DOMINATION
This Timeless Turning  -  Released 7/26/1994 WORLD DOMINATION

NP COTBS

Paul Mather wrote:

> I just picked up a CD called _Fresh Fruits for the Liberation_ by Sky
> Cries Mary in the used section today.  I guess it's a new release, since
> it's (C) 1998.  It appears to be a collection of rarities, remixes,
> etc., stretching all across their career.  (It includes their track from
> the Pink Floyd tribute, _Saucerful of Pink_, for example. [on-topic
> reference!])
>
> Mine is stamped as a promo, but I guess this is a general release.  The
> track listing is:
>
>          1. Bath House
>          2. Goodbye Horse
>          3. Where Does It End...
>          4. Well, Where Does It Begin?
>          5. 2000 Light Years From Home (Soft Explosion Mix)
>          6. Corner Man (Still Homeless in the Freeworld Version)
>          7. Movement Of Water
>          8. Every Iceberg Is Afire (Titanic Mix)
>          9. Wot's... Uh The Deal?
>         10. Moonbathing (Waxing and Waning Mix)
>         11. To The One You Love (Partial Clearing Mix)
>
> Running time is ~62 minutes.  I've not really had a chance to listen to
> it, but the early stuff (tracks 1--4) sounds pretty weird and
> "industrial."
>
> Cheers,
>
> Paul.
>
> NP: Clutch, _Transnational Speedway League_
>
> e-mail: paul at gromit.dlib.vt.edu
>
> "I didn't mean to take up all your sweet time"
>         --- James Marshall Hendrix

ZEITGEIST E-ZINE & THE RECORD HUNTER at http://www.zeitgeist-scot.com

Shamrock Multimedia, PO Box 13499, Edinburgh EH6 8YL, UK

Tel: 0966-389732  Fax: 0131-467-1827