OFF: RFT Sabbath (was Re: New (again))

Laj Waldner erebus7 at DLCWEST.COM
Mon Sep 14 19:47:04 EDT 1998

Ted Jackson jr. s2h2 wrote:

> > From:          Dave Berry <daveb at HARLEQUIN.CO.UK>
> >>
> > I did suspect them of glossing over some details.  What's the story with
> > Tony Iommi's finger?
> >
> Tony lost 3 fingertips on his playing hand back when he was a
> teenager.  He was doing a welding job and the fingertips got burned
> off by an arc welder.  He wears little caps over the ends of his
> fingers but can still play guitar!
>
> theo

 I also heard he cut his fingers off on his last day of work before touring,
don't get much more ironic than that, I don't know if this is true because
somebody told me this info and I don't know how reliable the source was. I
also heard to play more easily he tuned down, if this is the case this
probably helped define the sabs "sound" a little. And if im not mistaken I
think his mom made him those finger caps too.