BOC: Rare songbook available at Ebay

Ted Jackson jr. s2h2 tojackso at LIBRARY.SYR.EDU
Tue Sep 15 09:17:22 EDT 1998

> From:          John A Swartz <jswartz at MBUNIX.MITRE.ORG>
> Anyway, I happened to do a search on Blue Oyster Cult there, and there
> are a few items - most notably, someone is selling a copy of the BOC
> "Anthology" songbook!  This book, released around 1978 (it has the
> Some Enchanted Evening cover art), contains music (no tab) for all the
> songs off of SEE, and most of OYFOOYK.  This book is long out of print,
> and fairly hard to come by.  Interested bidders should check out the
> following URL:
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=30203274
>
> The current high bid for this item is $12.50.  BTW, I have no affiliation
> with the seller - I just know that this is a pretty cool collectible for
> any BOC fans who can read music.
>
> John

This book is worthwhile mainly as a collector's item.  Musically, it
won't give you too many clues about BOC's music.  There are a few
hints about what chords to play, and a lot of the lyrics are right.
But don't confuse it with the current crop of TAB books, as it
doesn't have any lead parts worked out.  Most BOC fans would be
better off getting the Cult Classic book, which has all the lead
parts transcribed.

I wonder if they've got the songbook for AoF and Spectres combined?
Or the Mirrors book?  Got 'em all myself...

theo