BOC,TBS: the dark white underbelly

M R Godwin hssmrg at BATH.AC.UK
Tue Sep 15 09:59:07 EDT 1998

On Tue, 15 Sep 1998, Andy Gilham wrote:
> One little snippet I hadn't known, but was in the *book* _More Rock Family
> Trees_ is that Iommi tried out for Jethro Tull, pre-Sabbath, but quit them
> after a week.  And an early incarnation of Sabbath was the "Polka Tulk Blues
> Band"!

If you check out the Rolling Stones Rock'n'Roll Circus film, you will see
Iommi in the Tull lineup, miming to 'Song for Jeffrey'. But Mick Abrahams
was definitely in Tull at the time, so Iommi must have been filling in as
a favour. When Abrahams quit to form Blodwyn Pig, Iommi would presumably
have been first choice for a replacement.

- Mike ("I was there, late '68, I saw the recording session") Godwin