BOC sheet music

Steven Tice StevenTice at AOL.COM
Tue Sep 15 23:38:37 EDT 1998

<<  >Musically, it
 won't give you too many clues about BOC's music.

 I beg to differ.  I've found it pretty good.  No TAB, granted (which
 I mentioned), and most of the leads aren't there.  But most of the basic
 chord work is there, and the main riffs/basslines are pretty much there.
 I've done pretty well using this book along with listening to the CDs
 to figure out BOC's stuff.

I agree...it provides the basic structure for most of the songs.  Plus, I'll
never forget the thrill of getting all those bizarre Pearlman lyrics for the
first time! :-)

 >Most BOC fans would be
 better off getting the Cult Classic book, which has all the lead
 parts transcribed.

 Well, I do think this is also an excellent book (although if they're gonna
 transcribe all the guitar parts, then they should do the bass parts too ;)

I agree again, although I'd rather they just go ahead and transcribe
everything. :-)  A full score, that's my goal!

There are some inaccuracies in the transcriptions, however...and some amazing
screw-ups on the lyrics...

>> >I wonder if they've got the songbook for AoF and Spectres combined?
 Or the Mirrors book?  Got 'em all myself...

 Well, they aren't currently listed, but perhaps in the future...
 I've got these myself as well (and I ain't parting with them). >>

I don't have the Mirrors book, although I've often considered ordering
it...what is the quality of the transcriptions?  They did a terrific job on
Spectres, no doubt because Joe Bouchard oversaw all of the transcriptions (I
complimented him on that once, actually, and he seemed proud...of course, two
of his songs are in there).  While it's still standard piano, vocals, and
guitar chord arrangements, every measure of every song is transcribed, and
most of the guitar solos are even present.  Is Mirrors that good, or is it
more like AOF or the Anthology stuff?

And while we're talking BOC sheet music, does anybody have the sheet music to
Veteran of the Psychic Wars?  I saw it once years ago in a music book for the
Heavy Metal movie soundtrack...

SET