BRAIN: Operation Luv a deadringer for another tune?

brian halligan brianh at PULLEYN.COM
Wed Sep 16 09:19:28 EDT 1998

I said:
>>Also, Electrocution of the Heart has a version of Love's a Killer,
which
is on the X-Brothers CD.

Then John said:
>Yeah, I'll have to go back and listen to Deadringer's version again
>sometime -- I think they're reasonably comparable, but I don't believe
>that Joe sings the lead vocals on any of the Deadringer songs.

Also, on the X Brothers CD, the song Wild Ones is credited to the same
writers, but it isn't on a Deadringer album.  A B-side maybe?

>PS:  Speaking of "Love's a Killer", the all-woman metal band Vixen had
>a song by this title on their second album, "Rev it Up" - it's not at
all
>related to the Deadringer/X-Brothers version, but it is a pretty cool
>song ("I've got a target on my back, for a cupid dressed in black...").
>Vixen, after about a 7 year hiatus, recently released a new album,
>"Tangerine" on BOC's current label, CMC records, back in April.

Vixen may rock, but for my money the best hard rock song by a female
band (partly anyway), is "Barracuda" by Heart.  You can forgive an ex
Zeppelin cover band for ripping off the drumming.  And I think by the
time that song came out the riff was in the public domain... ;-)
Volcano Girls by Veruca Salt comes in a close second.  (I don't consider
bands with just 1 female member like tBS or Smashing Pumpkins to be a
female band per se.)

Brian

Brian Halligan
mailto:brianh at pulleyn.com
http://home.earthlink.net/~halligan/wicker.html

"We are drawing a moustache on the wanted poster of the face of music."
-Fierce Wicker