BRAIN: Operation Luv a deadringer for another tune?

Wed Sep 16 08:39:18 EDT 1998

>Electrocution of the Heart it says there's a tune called When You're In
You're In.   Is this the same as Operation Luv (the former's title being
in the chorus of the latter)?  Or did it inspire that particular line in
Operation Luv?

The lyrics are the same - the music is vastly different.  "When You're In
You're In" is 80's metal headbanging at it's best.  "Operation Luv" is...
well, you have the album.  Maybe it's just 'cuz I listen to Box of Hammers
more than Electrocution of the Heart, but I like "Operation Luv" better.

>Also, Electrocution of the Heart has a version of Love's a Killer, which
is on the X-Brothers CD.

Yeah, I'll have to go back and listen to Deadringer's version again
sometime -- I think they're reasonably comparable, but I don't believe
that Joe sings the lead vocals on any of the Deadringer songs.

John

PS:  Speaking of "Love's a Killer", the all-woman metal band Vixen had
a song by this title on their second album, "Rev it Up" - it's not at all
related to the Deadringer/X-Brothers version, but it is a pretty cool
song ("I've got a target on my back, for a cupid dressed in black...").
Vixen, after about a 7 year hiatus, recently released a new album,
"Tangerine" on BOC's current label, CMC records, back in April.