OFF: Comebacks

Ted Jackson jr. s2h2 tojackso at LIBRARY.SYR.EDU
Mon Sep 21 07:26:00 EDT 1998

> From:          "<Nick English>" <nick at THECAMPUS.COM>
> > >    I know a bunch of people who saw Alice Cooper in London a
> > >year or so ago and they were totally blown away by the show!
> > >Apparently, he's quite good these days ...
>

> Don't his shows have some kind of side-show/carnival theme, or was
> that just in support of "Last Temptation"?
>
> I must say, although I've only had one opportunity to see Alice live,
> he, like BOC, is one of the few I could literally see over and over
> again.
>
> --  Nick

I saw AC [howls, same initials as my wife!] around 1990 I guess, as
part of Operation Rock and Roll, along with Motorhead and Judas
Priest headlining.  I was prepared for AC to be horrible.  This would
have been when Hey Stoopid was released.  Anyway, AC rocked the
house.  He had a great bunch of young turks backing him up, and
everything sounded great.  Swept up in a nostalgic moment?  Possibly,
though I'm not really given to that despite my advanced age.  Drunk
out of my ass?  Definitely, but that wouldn't make me like a band
that sucked.  For the record, Motorhead would have stolen the show
exc. that JP were really hot that night.  Was that JP's last tour
with Rob?

theo